Radio air date: January 25, 2020
About This Episode
The Jayhawks and their rootsy sound were definitely swimming against the tide when they emerged from a crowded Minnesota music scene in 1985. Over the course of two decades, 9 albums, countless memorable live shows and enough personal drama to fill a couple of Behind the Music episodes, this beloved band soared to heights few ever achieve while winning the hearts and minds of numerous critics, fans and peers in the process. After releasing two Indie albums in the 80s The Jayhawks signed with American Recordings in 1991 and over the next decade released 5 challenging, at times groundbreaking, albums, toured the world to widespread acclaim and even survived the departure of founding member Mark Olson in 1995.
After a hiatus in the mid 2000s, the “classic” 1994 lineup reunited for another new studio album in 2011 and 2 years of solid touring, reacquainting audiences old and new with the band’s timeless musical vision. 2014 saw a late 90s version of the band led by Gary Louris hitting the road to support the reissues of the 3 Jayhawks albums released from 1997-2003. This lineup released the band’s 9th studio album in 2016, recorded in Portland, OR with producers Peter Buck and Tucker Martine. The band’s new studio album, Back Roads And Abandoned Motels, was released in the summer of 2018, featuring Jayhawks versions of songs Gary Louris had previously written with other artists plus 2 new compositions.
About Michael Perry
Michael Perry is a New York Times bestselling author, humorist and radio show host from New Auburn, Wisconsin.
Perry’s bestselling memoirs include Population 485, Truck: A Love Story, Coop, and Visiting Tom, and his latest, Montaigne in Barn Boots: An Amateur Ambles Through Philosophy. His first book for young readers, The Scavengers, was published in 2014 and first novel for adult readers, The Jesus Cow, was published in May of 2015.
Raised on a small Midwestern dairy farm, Perry put himself through nursing school while working on a ranch in Wyoming, then wandered into writing. He lives with his wife and two daughters in rural Wisconsin, where he serves on the local volunteer fire and rescue service and is an intermittent pig farmer. He hosts the nationally-syndicated “Tent Show Radio,” performs widely as a humorist, and tours with his band the Long Beds (currently recording their third album for Amble Down Records). He has recorded three live humor albums including Never Stand Behind A Sneezing Cow and The Clodhopper Monologues.
Learn more about Michael and where to get his publications at www.sneezingcow.com.
Follow Michael Perry
Other Ways to Stream
- viagra sipari verme philosophy of nursing essayВ http://www.naymz.com/university-homework-helper/ internet piracy essay buy antibiotics online without rx in the us go here essay lesson plan viagra natural ginseng buy english papers online https://reprosource.com/hospital/wwwwhere-can-i-buy-celebrex/72/ https://thejeffreyfoundation.org/newsletter/fielding-dissertation/17/ follow url dissertation methodology example essay for job application follow https://scfcs.scf.edu/review/key-help-desk-resume/22/ source link economic homework help custom analysis essay writer service for school source site sample resume for embroidery machine operator http://snowdropfoundation.org/papers/three-dublin-plays-coursework/12/ https://www.go-gba.org/17969-thesis-examples-for-argumentative-essays/ comprar neovisc https://aspirebhdd.org/health/generac-name-for-viagra/12/ writing your dissertationВ http://www.naymz.com/essay-on-becoming-a-good-writer/ https://homemods.org/usc/sundiata-essay/46/ Buy nizoral no rx viagra mp3 buy a diploma degree Public Radio Exchange: www.prx.org/tentshowradio
- Podcast: www.libsyn.com/tentshowradio
- iTunes: www.itunes/tentshowradio
- Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/tentshowradio
- Player.FM: www.player.FM/tentshowradio
- iHeart Radio: www.iheart.com