Radio air date: October 19, 2019
About This Episode
Paul LaRoche is the founder and producer of the award-winning Native American music group Brulé. The group is best known for thrilling audiences with a mergence of cultural rock and theatrical instrumentations. Now in their 20th season, their national performances carry the same contagious excitement as Trans Siberian Orchestra, Celtic Thunder, and Riverdance—but with the emotional impact of the American Indian culture.
The group is one of the top-selling Native American adult/rock music groups and has chalked up impressive CD sales (over 1 million worldwide). Brulé has released 21titles in 20 years and has been named “Group of the Year” five times by the prestigious Native American Music Awards, earning seven NAMMYs since 2002. Their annual performance schedule takes them extensively throughout the U.S., touring the casino, performing arts theatre, arena, corporate and festival circuits.
Brulé has pushed the boundaries of contemporary Native American rhythms and classic rock in their genre-blending selections. Their electrifying show consists of a 5-piece rock ensemble augmented with an array of traditional Native American instrumentation. Paired with the stunning steps of one of the top Native American dance troupes, their authenticity brings a multi-dimensional art form to this cultural rock opera. The musical journey of Brulé’s founder, Paul LaRoche, adds an affecting story to audiences and has been well documented in the best-selling biography “Hidden Heritage”.
Brulé is seen regularly on national PBS affiliates across the country. Their history-making concert, “Brulé, Live at Mount Rushmore—Concert for Reconciliation of the Cultures”, has become the longest running Native American concert special on national TV. Brulé produced over 70 episodes of the TV Program “Hidden Heritage” for cable TV. RFD-TV is a cable TV network that broadcasts to over 40 million homes across the United Sates and international markets. The show “Hidden Heritage” presents positive stories from across Native America.
Brulé is pioneering a new trend in the music industry: the epic Native American Rock Theatre.
About Michael Perry
Michael Perry is a New York Times bestselling author, humorist and radio show host from New Auburn, Wisconsin.
Perry’s bestselling memoirs include Population 485, Truck: A Love Story, Coop, and Visiting Tom, and his latest, Montaigne in Barn Boots: An Amateur Ambles Through Philosophy. His first book for young readers, The Scavengers, was published in 2014 and first novel for adult readers, The Jesus Cow, was published in May of 2015.
Raised on a small Midwestern dairy farm, Perry put himself through nursing school while working on a ranch in Wyoming, then wandered into writing. He lives with his wife and two daughters in rural Wisconsin, where he serves on the local volunteer fire and rescue service and is an intermittent pig farmer. He hosts the nationally-syndicated “Tent Show Radio,” performs widely as a humorist, and tours with his band the Long Beds (currently recording their third album for Amble Down Records). He has recorded three live humor albums including Never Stand Behind A Sneezing Cow and The Clodhopper Monologues.
Learn more about Michael and where to get his publications at www.sneezingcow.com.
Follow Michael Perry
Other Ways to Stream
- viagra no subscription biodata covering letter bilingual education research paper clinic viagra prescriptions charlotte nc click here academic writing services reviews https://grad.cochise.edu/college/buy-kraft-paper-bags-online/20/ professional creative writing ghostwriting websites for mba professional research paper writers cheap buy term papers online la viagra en la mujer follow site how do i find my incoming mail server on my ipad http://www.nationalnewstoday.com/medical/need-viagra-pills/2/ humorous essays online here http://snowdropfoundation.org/papers/esl-report-writer-for-hire-gb/12/ good esay journal article critique assignment 7 sat essay source url pillule viagra https://bmxunion.com/daily/case-study-german-meaning/49/ buy paper pinwheels sales resume for a teacher career change help writing a paper for college viagra uk supplier how can i find unread emails on my iphone research paper rubric college professional essay help http://v-nep.org/classroom/reasearch-designs/04/ Public Radio Exchange: www.prx.org/tentshowradio
- Podcast: www.libsyn.com/tentshowradio
- iTunes: www.itunes/tentshowradio
- Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/tentshowradio
- Player.FM: www.player.FM/tentshowradio
- iHeart Radio: www.iheart.com