Radio air date: February 16, 2019
About This Episode
Ladysmith Black Mambazo was founded by Joseph Shabalala in South Africa in the early 1960s. The group sings a traditional style called isicathamiya (is-cot-a-ME-Ya), developed in the mines of South Africa. Called South Africa’s Cultural Ambassadors to the World by Nelson Mandela, they became known to mainstream audiences through their collaboration with Paul Simon on the Graceland album.
Ladysmith Black Mambazo’s recording career currently includes more than seventy albums, earning nineteen GRAMMY Award nominations and five GRAMMY Award wins; Shaka Zulu (1988), Raise Your Spirit Higher (2004), Ilembe (2009), Singing For Peace Around the World (2013), and Shaka Zulu Revisited (2017).
In addition to their work with Paul Simon, Ladysmith Black Mambazo has recorded with Stevie Wonder, Dolly Parton, Sarah McLachlan, Josh Groban, Emmylou Harris, Melissa Etheridge, and many others. They have provided music for many movies, have appeared on Broadway where they were nominated for a Tony Award and even had a documentary film, titled On Tip Toe: Gentle Steps to Freedom, the Story of Ladysmith Black Mambazo, nominated for an Academy Award.
Ladysmith Black Mambazo carries a message of Peace, Love and Harmony as they travel the world year after year. They bring this message, in song and dance, to every theater they perform in. We hope you will join them as they sing their message.
About Michael Perry
Michael Perry is a New York Times bestselling author, humorist and radio show host from New Auburn, Wisconsin.
Perry’s bestselling memoirs include Population 485, Truck: A Love Story, Coop, and Visiting Tom, and his latest, Montaigne in Barn Boots: An Amateur Ambles Through Philosophy. His first book for young readers, The Scavengers, was published in 2014 and first novel for adult readers, The Jesus Cow, was published in May of 2015.
Raised on a small Midwestern dairy farm, Perry put himself through nursing school while working on a ranch in Wyoming, then wandered into writing. He lives with his wife and two daughters in rural Wisconsin, where he serves on the local volunteer fire and rescue service and is an intermittent pig farmer. He hosts the nationally-syndicated “Tent Show Radio,” performs widely as a humorist, and tours with his band the Long Beds (currently recording their third album for Amble Down Records). He has recorded three live humor albums including Never Stand Behind A Sneezing Cow and The Clodhopper Monologues.
Learn more about Michael and where to get his publications at www.sneezingcow.com.
Follow Michael Perry
Other Ways to Stream
- https://vaccinateindiana.org/viagra-side-effects-prmature-8453/ follow link can money buy happiness essay pdf tips on writing assignments source link https://www.cochise.edu/academic/law-essay-to-buy/32/ cheap essay helper https://grad.cochise.edu/college/essay-reflection/20/ http://admissions.iuhs.edu/?page_id=megapharmnorx go to site http://mechajournal.com/alumni/help-me-write-a-6-page-paper-on-starfish/12/ see url professional expository essay editor for hire for college https://rainierfruit.com/viagra-en-cialis-samen-gebruiken/ creative writing major ohio university see url viagra pills buy writing a compare contrast essay https://scfcs.scf.edu/review/jane-eyre-essay/22/ how to write an acknowledgement in a thesis critcal essay money cannot buy happiness sample general cover letter for internship http://fall.law.fsu.edu/stay.php?home=tips-for-writing-a-good-college-essay create a thesis and outline of your persuasive essay follow michigan works resume posting site Cialis buy overnight levitra veterans administration best essay writing site buy lasix online purchase problem solution essay topics for college how to write an explanatory synthesis essay Public Radio Exchange: www.prx.org/tentshowradio
- Podcast: www.libsyn.com/tentshowradio
- iTunes: www.itunes/tentshowradio
- Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/tentshowradio
- Player.FM: www.player.FM/tentshowradio
- iHeart Radio: www.iheart.com