Radio air date: February 1, 2020
About This Episode
in 2019 the Blue Canvas Orchestra presented American Stories, featuring stories as diverse as the tapestry of cultures that make up America, told with music, dialogue and beautiful historic imagery. From the adventures of 17th century French Voyageurs to those of 18th century Wisconsin farmers, from a humorous look at the mindset of the Western expansion and manifest destiny to the sobering story of Little Crow, the Chief of the Mdewakanton Dakota people.
This program examines the hopes, the desires and the potential for accomplishment that existed then and encourages students to see themselves in the striking characters and seldom heard stories so that they might imagine their own accomplishments as part of their own future history.
About Michael Perry
Michael Perry is a New York Times bestselling author, humorist and radio show host from New Auburn, Wisconsin.
Perry’s bestselling memoirs include Population 485, Truck: A Love Story, Coop, and Visiting Tom, and his latest, Montaigne in Barn Boots: An Amateur Ambles Through Philosophy. His first book for young readers, The Scavengers, was published in 2014 and first novel for adult readers, The Jesus Cow, was published in May of 2015.
Raised on a small Midwestern dairy farm, Perry put himself through nursing school while working on a ranch in Wyoming, then wandered into writing. He lives with his wife and two daughters in rural Wisconsin, where he serves on the local volunteer fire and rescue service and is an intermittent pig farmer. He hosts the nationally-syndicated “Tent Show Radio,” performs widely as a humorist, and tours with his band the Long Beds (currently recording their third album for Amble Down Records). He has recorded three live humor albums including Never Stand Behind A Sneezing Cow and The Clodhopper Monologues.
Learn more about Michael and where to get his publications at www.sneezingcow.com.
Follow Michael Perry
Other Ways to Stream
- persuasive essay about college education https://scfcs.scf.edu/review/problem-solution-essay/22/ narrative essay starters https://bmxunion.com/daily/marxs-11th-thesis-on-feuerbach/49/ viagra global sales 2012 research paper sample apa viagra and marijuana follow link lyrics abracadabra i'm up like viagra https://211ventura.org/choice/essay-topics-language-and-culture/40/ best college essay service http://belltower.mtaloy.edu/studies/professional-presentation-ghostwriting-sites-us/20/ https://explorationproject.org/annotated/essay-on-environment-protection-and-conservation/80/ essay topics on republic day https://ncappa.org/term/computer-science-scholarship-essay/4/ https://teleroo.com/pharm/venta-de-viagra-por-internet/67/ marriage essay samples https://www.arohaphilanthropies.org/heal/viagra-generique-line/96/ custom essay online creative writing volunteer opportunities example of a formal outline for an essay viagra rock island creative writing studentship what is a thesis pay to write essay uk homework does not belong on the agenda resume service canada go to site thesis statement with examples source https://grad.cochise.edu/college/thesis-statement-rap/20/ go site Public Radio Exchange: www.prx.org/tentshowradio
- Podcast: www.libsyn.com/tentshowradio
- iTunes: www.itunes/tentshowradio
- Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/tentshowradio
- Player.FM: www.player.FM/tentshowradio
- iHeart Radio: www.iheart.com