Radio air date: July 27, 2019
About This Episode
Roy Clark was an American singer and musician. He is best known for having hosted Hee Haw, a nationally televised country variety show, from 1969 to 1997. Clark was an important and influential figure in country music, both as a performer and in helping to popularize the genre.
During the 1970s, Clark frequently guest-hosted for Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show and enjoyed a 30-million viewership for Hee Haw. Clark was highly regarded and renowned as a guitarist, banjo player, and fiddler. He was skilled in the traditions of many genres, including classical guitar, country music, Latin music, bluegrass, and pop. He had hit songs as a pop vocalist (e.g., “Yesterday, When I Was Young” and “Thank God and Greyhound”), and his instrumental skill had an enormous effect on generations of bluegrass and country musicians. He became a member of the Grand Ole Opry in 1987, and, in 2009, was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. He published his autobiography, My Life in Spite of Myself, in 1994.
In memorial of Roy Clark’s passing on November 15, 2018, we rebroadcast his 2014 appearance on the Big Top Chautauqua stage.
About Michael Perry
Michael Perry is a New York Times bestselling author, humorist and radio show host from New Auburn, Wisconsin.
Perry’s bestselling memoirs include Population 485, Truck: A Love Story, Coop, and Visiting Tom, and his latest, Montaigne in Barn Boots: An Amateur Ambles Through Philosophy. His first book for young readers, The Scavengers, was published in 2014 and first novel for adult readers, The Jesus Cow, was published in May of 2015.
Raised on a small Midwestern dairy farm, Perry put himself through nursing school while working on a ranch in Wyoming, then wandered into writing. He lives with his wife and two daughters in rural Wisconsin, where he serves on the local volunteer fire and rescue service and is an intermittent pig farmer. He hosts the nationally-syndicated “Tent Show Radio,” performs widely as a humorist, and tours with his band the Long Beds (currently recording their third album for Amble Down Records). He has recorded three live humor albums including Never Stand Behind A Sneezing Cow and The Clodhopper Monologues.
Learn more about Michael and where to get his publications at www.sneezingcow.com.
Follow Michael Perry
Other Ways to Stream
- source url can you take viagra and high blood pressure medicine deciding on a dissertation title go to site cornell mba table of contents essay sample the kite runner thesis source https://www.go-gba.org/5453-environment-and-pollution-essay/ esl custom essay writing websites for mba https://ncappa.org/term/colorado-home-essay-contest/4/ https://elkhartcivictheatre.org/proposal/dissertation-sociologie-exemple/3/ written case professional essay writers australia how to write a case brief https://nebraskaortho.com/docmed/effects-viagra-prostate-cancer/73/ professional essay company essay film https://harvestinghappiness.com/drug/steroid-and-viagra-tablets/66/ https://thedsd.com/nurse-practitioner-career-goals-essay-sample/ essay writing guide for students https://ramapoforchildren.org/youth/order-cheap-argumentative-essay-on-presidential-elections/47/ written cover letter examples free medical case study examples best paraphrasing online source site viagra popup virus source link writing tumblr student always essay pradushan rahit diwali essay in hindi click academic report writing structure Public Radio Exchange: www.prx.org/tentshowradio
- Podcast: www.libsyn.com/tentshowradio
- iTunes: www.itunes/tentshowradio
- Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/tentshowradio
- Player.FM: www.player.FM/tentshowradio
- iHeart Radio: www.iheart.com