Radio air date: July 4, 2020
About This Episode
About This Episode Tonight the Big Top Chautauqua makes way for two women of power…the big note brassy blues of Joyanne Parker, and the retro-current all-her-own-sounds of Nicole Atkins.
Armed with a guitar and a voice that manages to sound all bluesy and brokenhearted and yet blasts like a locomotive wrapped in brass, Joyann Parker sounds above all like she sings from deep in the soul, wherever it resides.
Born in New Jersey, and her earliest musical influences came from her parents record stash—The Ronettes, Johnny Cash, The Beach Boys, Cass Elliott—but since then she has built a repertoire arising from other geographies and other genres over a career that has seen her develop a distinctive voice blending everything from belters to ballads. A self-starter from the day she started teaching her self to play guitar at the age of 13, she’s a testament to time, talent and tenacity, a performer who digs deep within to create songs of strength and vulnerability, please welcome Nicole Atkins.
About Michael Perry
Michael Perry is a New York Times bestselling author, humorist and radio show host from New Auburn, Wisconsin.
Perry’s bestselling memoirs include Population 485, Truck: A Love Story, Coop, and Visiting Tom, and his latest, Montaigne in Barn Boots: An Amateur Ambles Through Philosophy. His first book for young readers, The Scavengers, was published in 2014 and first novel for adult readers, The Jesus Cow, was published in May of 2015.
Raised on a small Midwestern dairy farm, Perry put himself through nursing school while working on a ranch in Wyoming, then wandered into writing. He lives with his wife and two daughters in rural Wisconsin, where he serves on the local volunteer fire and rescue service and is an intermittent pig farmer. He hosts the nationally-syndicated “Tent Show Radio,” performs widely as a humorist, and tours with his band the Long Beds (currently recording their third album for Amble Down Records). He has recorded three live humor albums including Never Stand Behind A Sneezing Cow and The Clodhopper Monologues.
Learn more about Michael and where to get his publications at www.sneezingcow.com.
Follow Michael Perry
Other Ways to Stream
- thesis acknowledgement third person viagra femenino en neuquen med school personal statement hindi essays in hindi language https://pacificainexile.org/students/photography-essay-ideas/10/ go here source site psychology homework helper click here fumar marihuana y tomar viagra here examples of a thesis follow url we essay can i take two 50 mg viagra essay in hindi on aam ka ped watch https://chanelmovingforward.com/stories/www-resume-help-org/51/ https://greenechamber.org/blog/interview-paper-sample/74/ https://bmxunion.com/daily/sample-case-study-about-waste-management/49/ essay on role of banks in rural development cialis gordon viagra and wound healing the no connection https://thejeffreyfoundation.org/newsletter/discrimination-in-workplace-essay/17/ click references for research paper go https://www.medimobile.com/erectile/cialis-kaukauna/92/ case study in social researchВ https://thedsd.com/media-evaluation-coursework/ go site levitra lost nation Public Radio Exchange: www.prx.org/tentshowradio
- Podcast: www.libsyn.com/tentshowradio
- iTunes: www.itunes/tentshowradio
- Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/tentshowradio
- Player.FM: www.player.FM/tentshowradio
- iHeart Radio: www.iheart.com